Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Talkbox Tuesdays #1: Roger Troutman- In the Mix

Photobucket

So for those of you who have jammed with me as of late, know that i am obsessed with playing the talkbox..my goal is to get my robot vocal skillz down pat by the end of the year...however unlike a mic vocoder, it's more like taking a shot of speaker straight through a tube and then which you manipulate the soundwaves with your jaw muscles...sounds pretty nuckin' futs... so each tuesday i'll feature a recording that exemplifies the craft. First up, is the dude who every aspiring talkboxer tries to mimmick, Roger Troutman. I'm sure you've probably heard him rock out with Zapp on some of his mainstream cuts "Computer Love" and "More Bounce to the Ounce" ...however my favorite joint of his "In the Mix" is off of his solo LP "Hi Five Roger" ...great motivating music for cookin' up a storm in the kitchen!




Roger Troutman- In the Mix

No comments: