Friday, March 5, 2010

Lion Tamer- "The Chase"


About done wrappin' up shop for the 2nd full-length release on Fo Sho & Tell. For the past year and a half I've been writing some tunes with MystiQuintet violinist Cody Geil and we're calling the project "Lion Tamer" cause a) cody always where ths lion bling around her neck and b) both of us are Aries and deal with the shit of Leos on a regular basis.... While Cody is known for her virtuoso violin skills, her talents extend to singin' and lyrics writing as well. We've come up with an electroacoustic sound that with make you dance and maybe cry as well. For a preview, snag a copy of "The Chase", a song about playin' games...like jenga, dominos, roulette, tabou, etc.



Lyrics:

Chorus:

So you want to chase me

Play a game to grace me

Speeds so fast come race me

Ready get set and go

I'm your prey now hunt me

Get to the point and blunt me

Show yourself don't front me

Ready get set and go


Make a gamble, kiss your dice, place a new bet

Spin the wheel odds and even like in Roulette

Take your wooden block and put it up the top

Don't let it sway, it's gonna fall Jenga now stop!

Fight with words, fill the square, build up more points

Letter don't fit come back to it don't disapoint

You took my rook, you think i'm shook, you fell for my bait

I snatched your Queen, trapped your King and call checkmate


Chorus


Blackjack 21 count those cards and win!

Get rid of chance it's frown upon, it a'int no deadly sin

Single file for miles and miles see that line grow

Rally em' up and knock em' down fall over domino!

Guess my phrase, while in a haze, it's just me and you

Hour Glass, Better think fast, so tabou!

Bust out the mat, on the floor limbs on colored dots

Twister the game, Lion tame, balance on spots


Chorus

No comments: